Friday 3 May 2013

Typeface design



I have designed various typefaces so far for my nmp, however this is my favourite currently. I really enjoy playing with basic things such as light and dark so I decided to put my photography skills to the test and play with shadows. First I designed a typeface by making quick stencils of A-Z and putting a bright light behind the paper and having a camera on a tripod taking photos of each one in turn. 















I had a lot of fun creating this typeface, but is I also like the idea of using the body to make typefaces, which is why I created this typeface:


Each letter is created using my hands and the shadows that projected on my wall. I created the typeface, again using a bright light behind my hands (in the same way as previously) but I think this idea is way more unique and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment